Wednesday 6 January 2010

Candle in the wind!

This was a brief set by Tony Speight one of the tutors at college who does Proffesional Practice with us the breif was the photograph candles in a indoor location and had to not be studio shot, So i decided to shoot in my nanan's dining room as the table is a nice feature for the candles to sit on.

On the day i had the problem of not having a tripod on me which was very foolish and i wish i had one now as it would have made the images better, Another problem i had as i wanted a soft focus on the candles i had to use a long focal length but i struggled to fit the candles in frame with my 135mm 2.8 Pentacon lens which is a old m42 manual focus lens i use as i think it gives really nice images and is pin sharp if you focus correctly.

As i started shooting i set the candles up and shot them on there own and found the image too bland and boring so i decided to put plates in the shot and some little features my nan has in a bowl scattered around the candles, I found the images i took after much more interesting as it gave a bit more foreground interest, I found that i wasn't stable enough so to create a tripod i had to improvise, I used a bin and pillows the make the camera more stable, This worked and i think it was a good idea.

After i sorted my frame i wanted to take, I lit the candles and shot away just moving slightly everytime to get that picture perfect photograph, The one i chose is the one below;

The reason the image looks noisy is becuase the light was low so i had to rise up the ISO setting so i could get the effect i wanted. If i could have done this again i would have fetched some external lighting and use a tripod and i think the image quality would have increased alot!

No comments: